Rediscovering Domesticity

has been moved to new address

http://www.rediscoveringdomesticity.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Rediscovering Domesticity: Bedrest and Mommyhood Take Three

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Bedrest and Mommyhood Take Three

Ok - I won't keep posting just about my woes on bed rest.  So many women struggle to become pregnant.  We've never had that struggle.  Many struggle with the heartbreak of miscarriage.  We have been spared that thus far.  Others yet give birth super early or give birth to babies with severe challenges.

I feel petty at times being so worried or asking for so much help.  Here is where the struggle with self-sufficiency comes in.  I still try to do this all in my own strength.  I feel badly when friends come to help and I can't HELP them help!  I am tempted to overdo things and clean the kitchen before the cleaning crew comes in.  Each day, I am learning more about relying on God and HIS strength over my own.  I am not God.  I am not all-powerful.  I am not all-knowing.  I am a fragile human that God loves and tries repeatedly to teach and lead.  There is a light at the end of this trial tunnel!

Now, what did the doctor say on Monday?

The contractions I was having were not labor contractions although they were quite painful and very regular.  Labor contractions would have caused cervical change and thankfully, I have no changes yet.  Because of the fetal fibronectin test negative result, my OB is confident we will make it until 34 weeks (this coming Monday) without much problem.  She was happy to hear that after my Friday hospital trip, things have been improving each day.  I have been hydrating like mad and having fewer contractions each day.  The doc said to keep doing what I am doing since it is obviously working.  I may have several more trips to the hospital to stop contractions, but she is hopeful we can get close to 36 weeks.

I am no longer on strict bedrest but very limited activity.  I do the steps once per day (which means no trips to the basement to do laundry or even to get extra toilet paper).  I spend most of the day with my feet up for pelvic rest and try to lay on my left side the most.  I am able to put Buggy in his crib if I am home alone.  I CAN SNUGGLE MY SWEET BOY AGAIN!  I can be up enough to make a quick meal.  I am to listen to my body and adjust activity as needed.

Some days are better than others, physically, however I have noticed fewer contractions each day since Friday.  Woohoo!  Even better, my mental and emotional state is worlds better.  I am not a weepy mess all the time.  I am back to functioning fairly normally.  I may not post as often, but that is because I am trying to conserve energy.

I want to thank my friends for their selfless care - making meals daily, doing my housework, and making Buggy tired enough to sleep really well when he is going stir crazy with not leaving the house.  I am overwhelmed!  I am amazed at how many people begged me to make a schedule for next week so they can help with meals and such then as well since they weren't fast enough to get on this week's schedule.

I thank all of you who have prayed and who have helped.  I promise some new content is on its way soon!


Make sure to enter these great giveaways plus download this free scripture memory song AND see what is coming in the future!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

I'm glad you posted. I had been thinking about you, hoping your little bean was still inside of you, safe and snug. Glad things are going well.

April 14, 2010 at 11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home