Rediscovering Domesticity

has been moved to new address

http://www.rediscoveringdomesticity.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Rediscovering Domesticity: Finer Things Friday - Blessing Others

Friday, April 30, 2010

Finer Things Friday - Blessing Others

Please check out Amy's Finer Things for other great stories of Finer Things on this fabulous Friday!

I know this isn't a typical Finer Things Friday post - please bear with me - this organization is definitely worth your attention.




I have a soft spot in my heart for those in need.  I believe that deep down, we all have that soft spot.  I wanted to share with you an organization that is dear to my heart and is definitely a Finer Thing.  This organization is the Free Wheelchair Mission.

Did you know that all over the world are people that are confined to homes/huts due to physical disabilities because they have no wheelchair?  Did you know that people around the world drag themselves across the ground or have friends and family carry them just to get around because of their disabilities and no wheelchair?  Where is the dignity for those people?  What about those injured in Haiti?  One of the biggest needs in Haiti right now is wheelchairs.  So many people were severely injured and cannot get around.

Did you know that just $59.20 provides a wheelchair for one who desperately needs it.  I am hoping to do a small part to help.  I hope to raise $200 over the next few months to provide 3 wheelchairs to those in need.

Would you like to help?  I have created a donation page through the Free Wheelchair Mission where those who desire to help can donate safely.  I never come in contact with the funds - all money goes straight to the Mission.  Please feel free to pass along the donation link to anyone who might like to help.

Over the next few months, I will feature people who have helped to distribute the wheelchairs.  I will provide more information, more ways to help, and more insight into this grave need around the world.


Here is some more information about this organization:
Free Wheelchair Mission is an international, humanitarian, faith-based, nonprofit organization dedicated to providing wheelchairs for people with disabilities living in poverty in developing countries. Working in partnership with a network of like-minded organizations, FWM has sent wheelchairs to hundreds of thousands of people around the world, providing not only the gift of mobility, but those of dignity, independence, and hope.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger poison_ivy777 said...

Stopped by from Amy's link up in Finer Things Friday. The sound is broken on my computer right now but once fixed hopefully I can check out the video. That's awesome that you're raising money and awareness for this. My brother-in-law is in a wheelchair and I could never imagine him not being mobile!

April 30, 2010 at 10:14 PM  
Blogger Amy @ Finer Things said...

What a great organization!

May 5, 2010 at 6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home