Rediscovering Domesticity

has been moved to new address

http://www.rediscoveringdomesticity.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Rediscovering Domesticity: It's a Clothes Revolution!

Monday, July 12, 2010

It's a Clothes Revolution!

No, this post is not about fashion (I am probably the LAST person you'd want to ask about fashion!).  It is about the revolving door of clothes.

Do you ever feel like all you do is move clothes from closets to storage to closets to storage?  I feel like my laundry load has quadrupled since giving birth to baby number two.  Yes, he does make more laundry - especially when he needs to move up a size in diapers and we have leak central.  However, I feel like I am spending all my time in the revolving door of laundry.

The revolving door began when I started washing the baby clothes in preparation for his arrival.  Shortly thereafter, I was washing maternity clothes to either be packed up or returned to owners.  At this same time, we realized this baby is a moose!  He's gaining about a pound a week!  With this weight gain, he is growing out of clothes like mad, so after he wears an outfit once or twice, back into storage they go.

So, now we're juggling the maternity clothes, "tweener" clothes, pre-prego clothes, newborn clothes, and next-size-up baby clothes.  Let's make this even more fun!  Add in Buggy's clothes to round things out.  Buggy just had a growth spurt and shot up a couple inches.  He's still as skinny as all get out (10 percentile in weight, 50 percentile in height), but has needed to move up in size at least on the top half.

Lastly, we have a rotation of Hubby's clothes.  Over the summer, we go through his work clothes and purge the items he has worn out over the school year and begin purchasing new for the next year.  Of course, all clothes must be washed before being worn.

I feel like I am drowning in laundry baskets!  All three baskets are always full - either clean or dirty.  There is no way I can put everything away at this point - at least not until I have several toddler and newborn-free hours!  We are learning to be content with baskets and piles around the house.  It's a season.  This too shall pass.

How do you cope with the clothing revolution?  I'd love to hear your tips and tricks!  Please comment away or link up a blog post on the subject.  Maybe you can offer a solution that will save our sanity!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home