Rediscovering Domesticity

has been moved to new address

http://www.rediscoveringdomesticity.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Rediscovering Domesticity: Finer Things Friday: Car Repairs and Washer Warranties

Friday, November 20, 2009

Finer Things Friday: Car Repairs and Washer Warranties



Ahhh.  We are finally getting ahead financially.  Things have been really tight since we moved just over a year ago.  Not only did we move across the country, but we had our first baby and I started being an at-home mom.

We had two events this week that we feared would bring us back to ground zero financially.  My old car (the "viper" - Hubby drives this now - 1996 Mitsubishi Galant that is limping along) started making a new and frightening noise.  The oil change guy thought it might be our timing belt. We had recently replaced the beltS (this car has two).  Well, we took the car to the shop a few days ago and heard back yesterday evening.  The a/c compressor was shot (we replaced it about 50,000 miles ago).  A replacement would run us at least $650.  The mechanic, aware that we aren't putting much money in this car from here on out, researched installing a pulley to bypass the compressor but realized that we didn't even need that.  By simply removing the belt, the noise would stop and would prevent any other damage.  Total cost - $16!

About the same time we took the "viper" to the shop, I found that my new washer was broken (I posted about this earlier this week).  I spent yesterday at the laundromat getting caught up so we have clothes to wear.  I called about the washer and learned it was still well under warranty.  I made an appointment with a repairman.  I was given the lovely window of any time between 8am and 5pm Friday.  Well, imagine my surprise when I got a call right at 9am asking if now was a good time for the repairman to come!  We learned that the entire main computer board is fried as well as the door sensor.  I do have to wait until sometime next week for the part to come in, but it is covered 100% under warranty.  Now to just make sure this doesn't happen again after the warranty is up!

God has been so good in blessing us.  In addition to these two scenarios, Hubby got a check from a gig he played recently - $25 more than he expected!  I filled in at a wind ensemble concert last night and was given a check for $75!  I wasn't expecting anything!  He was so good in blessing us earlier this year during the tough and tight times - He used those times to teach us more about ourselves and about Him.

God is good!  Click on over to Amy's Finer Things for more great stories!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy @ Finer Things said...

God is faithful, and I love to read stories of people trusting in him. So awesome!

November 24, 2009 at 2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home