Rediscovering Domesticity

has been moved to new address

http://www.rediscoveringdomesticity.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Rediscovering Domesticity: Did You Shop Today?

Friday, November 27, 2009

Did You Shop Today?



Today is what is known as Black Friday.  It is a day of commercialism gone crazy!  Now, I am all about the deals, I am also careful with how I spend my money.  As I choose gifts, especially for Little Man, I want to choose gifts that he will enjoy and benefit from, not just choose the most popular toy of the moment.  I want to guard him against all of the marketing to children.  I don't want him to be consumed with accumulating "stuff" as he gets older.  So many things are more important in life than wether we have the latest gadget.

Hubby was kind enough to keep Little Man at home so I could do my shopping alone.  What a blessing!  Definitely a "Finer Thing" - shopping the sale racks alone! 

With that said, did you shop today?  What deals did you score?  I did not do the "before the break of dawn" shopping.  Years ago I did, with Hubby, every year.  We did not go last year, nor did we go this year.  I was just too tired!  There just weren't deals good enough to drag me!

Now, I DID do a quick run to Rite Aid and to CVS.  I picked up many items - toiletries, Christmas gifts,  and stocking stuffers (which shall remain nameless since the recipients read this blog!) for great prices.  I wish I had gone out yesterday - I just love free razors and I was only able to get one razor today since the rest were sold out.

I'd love to hear your deals!  If you are an online shopper, I have been highlighting some Amazon deals on my other blog.  Also, you may want to consider signing up for Shop at Home if you plan to shop on Cyber Tuesday.  Shop at Home is a rebate site where you can have a percentage of your purchase price refunded to you just by shopping through their website.  I've been using this site and find it quite simple!  I love getting money back!

It's hard work to manage the money God has given us!  How far can YOU stretch a dollar?
ShopAtHome Banner

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home