Rediscovering Domesticity

has been moved to new address

http://www.rediscoveringdomesticity.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Rediscovering Domesticity: Christmas Book Giveaway!

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Book Giveaway!

Oh - I love Christmas.  I love books.  I love reading.  I love giving things away!

ZonderKidz has been so kind to send me some books to review and give away! 

Today I am offering up two fantastic books just in time for Christmas!  These will be great for the little ones in your life!


Who Was There on Christmas Night?  
by Laurie Lazzaro Knowlton
illustrated by Buket Erdogan

Little Man was enchanted by the sweet rhymes and colorful illustrations.  He was delighted at the interactive wheel included in the story.  I love that this board book introduces concepts and participants of the first Christmas.  This book is perfect for toddlers through kindergarten.  What a fantastic book!  You can purchase this book here if you would like!



We Believe in Christmas
by Karen Kingsbury
illustrated by Daniel Brown

From the jacket:
'If we want the perfect star to shine upon our tree, look and see that Brightest Star and there will Christmas be."
On Christmas we give and get presents, we sing songs, and we decorate our homes.  But what is Christmas really about?  Is our happy holiday a Holy Day?
Find out why we place the star on the Christmas tree.  Imagine Christmas guests as travelers of long ago.  And let  beautiful song "Silent Night" fill your mind with pictures of the night Jesus was born.  Because Christmas is God's gift to us - and if we look around and remember, we'll learn to see the real Christmas.
This endearing story by bestselling novelist Karen Kingsbury will capture the hearts of children, and parents and grandparents will appreciate the applications they can share.

I absolutely loved this story.  It is definitely not suited for toddlers.  Little Man was more interested in trying to eat the book than listen to the story.  Amazon lists the age range as being 4 - 7.  I know the younger ones can still benefit from the story, however the older ones will more easily grasp the concepts.

This is a great book of discovery and of looking at the world differently for little ones.  Kingsbury helps these children grasp the real meaning of Christmas in a way that relates it to their lives.  You can purchase this book here if you would like.

Giveaway Rules:
  1. Giveaway is for the United States only (sorry!). Giveaway will close at 6pm on Sunday, December 13 eastern time.
  2. You may enter the giveaway once daily with a simple comment.  Make sure there is a way for me to contact you.
  3. You may earn additional entries (one time only) by: 
  • blogging about this giveaway and leaving a link in the comment
  • tweeting about this giveaway and leaving a link in the comment
  • becoming a follower and letting me know with a comment (let me know if you already follow!)
Please feel free to contact me if you have questions!  My email address is penguinelk at yahoo dot com.  (You will need to change at to @ and dot to . - I post my email this way to limit spam).

Good luck!

Labels:

21 Comments:

Blogger Alisha said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

December 10, 2009 at 2:09 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

I'd like to enter! The books look adorable. I subscribed to your blog & became a follower on twitter & blogger. =)
(for some reason my previous post is messed up...not sure what happened lol)

December 10, 2009 at 2:11 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

My friends have recently been telling me about Karen Kingsbury. What a nice gift. Thanks for the chance to win!

amandabroadway at hotmail dot com

December 10, 2009 at 2:27 PM  
Anonymous brittanycwikla@gmail.com said...

I would love the Karen Kingsbury book. I am an AVID fan, buying ever single book of hers the day they come out.

I have not ventured into the children's books, but would be very excited to get this one to start my collection!

Cwiklamama from BBC

December 10, 2009 at 2:39 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I already follow you on twitter and blogger!

I am working on getting my baby's Christmas book collection established. These look like a great start!

ran_jlg from BBC
jess_offers at yahoo dot com

December 10, 2009 at 3:52 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

I love your blog.

December 10, 2009 at 4:22 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

I am a follower.
angelface041206 at yahoo

December 10, 2009 at 4:22 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

I blogged http://all-about-the-savings.blogspot.com/2009/12/giveaway-of-christmas-books.html

angelface041206 at yahoo

December 10, 2009 at 4:26 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

I twittered http://twitter.com/angelface041206

angelface at yahoo

December 10, 2009 at 4:27 PM  
Anonymous Kylee said...

mizek@hotmail.com
I love Karen Kingsbury books!! And I love children's books that explain CHRISTmas to my little ones!

December 10, 2009 at 5:51 PM  
Blogger staciefrost said...

I would love to win these! My little guy is finally getting interested in books and would love these! Thanks!

staciedfrost at hotmail dot com

December 10, 2009 at 8:51 PM  
Blogger staciefrost said...

I subscribe! Thanks and good luck everyone!!!
stacie

staciedfrost at hotmail dot com

December 10, 2009 at 8:53 PM  
Blogger staciefrost said...

I tweeted! http://twitter.com/staciedfrost

staciedfrost at hotmail dot com

December 10, 2009 at 8:57 PM  
Blogger Renee G said...

I'd love reading these to my boys.
rsgrandinetti@yahoo(Dot)com

December 10, 2009 at 9:32 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I love Christmas books! What a great contest.
(my email is linked to my blogger profile)

December 11, 2009 at 10:55 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

And, I'm now a follower.

December 11, 2009 at 10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you see this, Audra, I love your posts! (My granddaughters would love a new book! Many of mine are ancient!)

December 11, 2009 at 6:16 PM  
Anonymous Michelle T-G said...

Grat books. :)

December 13, 2009 at 7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Led our Children's Chimes in "Away in a Manger" & "Silent Night" this morning (They played great!)...heading out soon to help at our church's display of "Walk Through Bethlehem" (Great way to get into the Christmas spirit!)

December 13, 2009 at 4:56 PM  
Anonymous ashleyguercio said...

I love reading with my kids and holiday stories are so special this time of year. ashleyguercio@hotmail.com

December 13, 2009 at 4:57 PM  
Anonymous Kylee said...

mizek@hotmail.com
Am I too late to enter? Already entered once :) Thanks for the book giveaway contest!

December 13, 2009 at 10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home