Rediscovering Domesticity

has been moved to new address

http://www.rediscoveringdomesticity.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Rediscovering Domesticity: Finer Things Friday: Trick or Treating with Little Man

Friday, October 30, 2009

Finer Things Friday: Trick or Treating with Little Man


I am not a big fan of Halloween. I don't like the scary costumes. I don't like the blood and guts. I don't like the greed on the kids faces when they are only given one piece of candy when they want to take a handful when they say "trick or treat." I don't like the worry about pranks being pulled that damage property. I don't like the emphasis on witchcraft.

Last year, I did take Baby (who I'll be calling "Little Man" now that we have another baby on the way) to a few houses dressed as a skeleton. He was 3 weeks old - not even to his due date yet.

I also dressed him as a pumpkin.

I decided to take him out again this year. We had been given a super cute Pooh Bumble Bee costume. Honestly, I was worried about the atmosphere. I really had nothing to worry about on our street. All the kids that came by were great - were polite and thankful for their bounty. Little Man had a great time walking up and down the hill. I got to stand outside chatting with neighbors while he played with neighbor children. All in all, we had a very enjoyable night!




Just wanted to share a video of my sweet little man! Click over to Amy's Finer Things for more Finer Things on this Friday!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What an adorable trick or treaters.
Geri

October 30, 2009 at 12:51 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Oh my gosh! What a cutie!!! I love it!

October 30, 2009 at 1:08 PM  
Blogger Amy @ Finer Things said...

He's adorable. :) We've been very fortunate here to just experience the FUN of Halloween.

November 2, 2009 at 3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home