Rediscovering Domesticity

has been moved to new address

http://www.rediscoveringdomesticity.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Rediscovering Domesticity: Menu Planning Monday - Week of 9/21/09

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Menu Planning Monday - Week of 9/21/09


I am actually feeling like I am on top of things!  Here it is, Sunday night, and I already have a good idea of what is on my plate for the week! We had a good night of sleep with baby for a change and are praying it continues.  I am going to jump right on in!

We have a BRAND NEW toaster oven (special deal at $15 at Target last week) so toast is back on the breakfast menu as a staple along with Cheerios and my new favorite Kashi Honey Sunrise cereal.  Lunch for Hubby is either peanut butter/honey sandwich or cold cuts with applesauce and water.  Lunch for me is whatever we have leftover from dinner or Lean Pockets that I picked up on sale.

Monday - Turkey filets (turkey breast wrapped in turkey bacon) with Au Gratin potatoes
Tuesday - Burgers (I do childcare at church in the evening so we eat seperately)
Wednesday - Crock Pot Sesame Ginger Pork Chops and Taters (see recipe below - I am making it up as I go)
Thursday - Prime Time Pepperoni Pizza "Pie" (from our newspaper - see recipe below)
Friday - Cookout at neighbor's
Saturday - Dinner out on campus - we are participating in the bands for an alumni memorial concert in honor of the founder of the Wind Ensemble and Jazz Band.
Sunday - Pizza - probably frozen, possibly ordered.  We have the concert in the afternoon and a long drive home (nearly 3 hours).  I know I won't feel like cooking!

Head on over to orgjunkie.com to join in the menu craze!

Crock Pot Pork Chops

Using a divided crock, I will make pork chops in a sesame ginger glaze with seasoned roasted potatoes.

In one side of crock, drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil in bottom.  Place pork chops in crock.  Pork chops can be raw or can be seared on each side.  I plan to sear mine first.  Add about a 1/4 cup water and a 1/4 cup Lowry's Sesame Ginger marinade.  Cook on Low for 4-6 hours until pork is done.

In other side of crock, place cleaned and cubed potatoes.  Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.  Season to taste.  I plan to use seasoned salt and some dry mustard and probably just experiment with the different spices I have on my rack.  Cook as directed above.

To serve, place pork chop and potatoes on plate.  Add a side of salad.  Drizzle just a little marinade over the pork chops.

I hope this recipe works!  I will let you know!

Prime Time Pepperoni Pizza "Pie"
 Makes 8 servings



Ingredients:
1 unbaked 9-inch (4 cup volume) frozen pie shell
1 package (8oz) shedded Italian blend cheese, divided
2 oz thinly sliced pepperoni (about 20 - 30  1 1/2" - 2" diameter slices) cut into quarters, divided
1 can (12 fl oz) evaporated milk
3 large eggs, beaten
2 Tablespons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder

PREHEAT oven to 350
SPRINKLE 1 cup cheese and half of pepperoni pieces onto bottom of pie shell.
WHISK evaporated milk, eggs, flour, basil, and garlic powder in medium bowl until blended.  Pour mixture into pie shell.  Sprinkle with remaining cheese.  Decorate top with remaining pepperoni pieces and any other toppings you like.  Place quiche on baking sheet (if pie pan is made of aluminum foil).
BAKE for 40-45 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
COOL for 5 minutes before serving.
TIP:  Choose 1/4 cup of any of your favorite toppings (such as chopped onions, red or green peppers, or sliced black olives) and add as topping with the remaining pepperoni pieces.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger SnoWhite said...

I love making pork chops in the crockpot - thanks for a great recipe!

September 21, 2009 at 8:50 AM  
Anonymous ~~Rhonda said...

The pizza pie looks good. I like quiche. I think it's time I try it on my family. :) Though I think I'll make it with cooked crumbled sausage instead of pepperoni. ~~Rhonda

September 21, 2009 at 5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home